Saturday, February 6, 2010

Crafty Crafts

I am not a crafty person. I leave craft making up to other people. I did, however, come across this craft item, that was very applealing to me.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR SHOPPING BAGS

Cut the empty plastic bags in an extended circular strip about 1 inch wide.
Put the wrapper over a milk carton as it will make the cutting easier. This extended strip is your crochet material. When it is necessary to add another strip, tie the two ends together with a square knot and crochet in the ends of both sides of the knot. Start at the bottom of the bag and chain 6 stitches. Join with a slip stitch.
ROW 1: 1 double crochet in ring – 6 chain. Repeat 6 times.
ROW 2: Slip stitch in double crochet stitch of preceding row – chain 6, slip stitch in 3rd stitch of chain in previous row.
ROW 3: Crochet 6, slip stitch in every 3rd chain stitch of previous row. Repeat rows 2 and 3 until piece is desired width. Repeat row 3 until piece is 12 inches long.
TOP BORDER: Double crochet in every other stitch for 2 rows. This will decrease the size of the top.
HANDLES; Use 2 jar rubbers. Double crochet around, with stitches close enough to conceal the rubber. Attach to bag with double crochet. Make another handle and attach in same manner to opposite side of the bag. I am not sure how many bags this takes, I never asked how many. But with the never ending supply of bags I guess a person may never run out.

Yes I did attempt to make this but my non crafty fingers soon desisted. I had someone else do it for me and the resulting bag is unique, useful and very crafy. I know I should have taken a picture of it, but you know the saying  of hindsight being better than forsight.

It is a really neat idea in making use of all of those plastic shopping bags that usually wind up in the garbage.

Do any of you have a neat crafty idea? Tell us about it on here.

Yup I kept it short this time, I hurt my back awhile back and can't seem to sit at the computer as much as I used to. Darn it all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment