Friday, January 1, 2010

New Years 2010

I survived another year. Here it is 2010 and we are still around. That is a major accomplishment I think. This time I want to tell you about what is formally known as Toastmistress. It is now called http://www.powertalkinternational.com/  and it's one of the best things that I joined.

Here within the club I learned lots of things and the main one was confidence, a badly needed item. Among this organization there are a number of things to learn. I learned to speak at any event from accepting a gift or reward to giving a gift to someone. Public speaking was also on the agenda along with lexicology, learning to give short educations, workshops, learning how to become an officer of a club, parliamentary procedures and much much more.

I first joined a group called Kinrossie Toastmistress and that club folded went on to join Urbanacres Communicators. During all this time and in both clubs, I held the office of President, Vice president, Secretary, Treasurer, Membership Chair, and numerous committee chair positions such as writing contest, speaking contest, PR to name a few. On council level I held every office on Council 5 and when that folded, I held positions on Council 8. I also was committee chair for the writing contest for Region.

So if you need to know about Parliamentary procedures, I will be glad to help you on that matter, along with any other topic I write about. Just ask me!!!!!

Sometime during my membership, the name of the organization changed from Toastmistress to International Training in Communication and now it is called http://www.powertalkinternational.com/. You won't find my club there anymore as Urbanacres Communicators is no longer a member of that organization. We now call ourselves 'Speakers Corner' and we now meet in Brandon at Canad Inn and usually on the third Thursday of each month.

My company is coming so I best get the turkey and the rest of the meal finished.

The best to all of my friends and family for 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment