Monday, December 28, 2009

What I learned in Writing Columns

I first started writing with poetry actually. I do have a binder of copywrite poems but I also have kept a binder of those items I have had published, from the number of poetry to columns to items of information I have written and had published.

I have had a number of poems published with The National Library of Poetry earning not money but awards.
American Poetry Association; World of Poetry,  Honorable Mention at least twice; A Vision A Verse Volume II 1978; Award of Merit from International Training of Communication for poetry written; ITC Communicator (World Wide), news article: The Peoples Bible 1983; Perian Spring Brandon University, 1978; Rural correspondence for Brandon Sun, Regional Correspondence for Generation; The Souris Plaindealer, Manitoba Crops and Beef; Rural Writings; Newsletters ; Advertising; Next Year Country I had word search puzzles published; designed program covers; placemats; Have one song published and intend to do more writing if I can get a chance.

The Brandon Sun was where I did most of my writing. Originally it was for Generation as a columist. I picked what ever topic I wanted to write on and it was published with my name included. I ended up with a number of readers that became followers and I thank them for the support they gave me. Later on I did most of my writing as a Rural Correspondent with news items. This gave me a different perspective on how different articles were written. News columns were written so different from what I call a social column.
With the newspapers I also took my own pictures and they were also published along with my name. I must admit it gave me a warm feeling to see my name at the top of my columns along with my picture and under the pictures that I took as well.

Enough about me for tonight. It's 12:30, I couldn't sleep so this is what happens when I can't sleep.

Cec

No comments:

Post a Comment